Wednesday, August 10, 2011

LOVE SICK: Update

I'm close to tying off two issues, combining poetry--from the chapbook after which this project is named--and straight prose with dialogue.  It's something I haven't tried before, and I'm well satisfied with the story thus far.  Something about demons and humans.  More than something, I should say.  The artist has given me some pretty awesome character sketches.  He's almost done with the full cast, too.  

Writing a story or drawing or painting or building is exciting--and the process of my own craft I do cherish overall.  I am impatient, nonetheless.  I'm always looking for results.  The push and pull of creativity can be such a pain in the ass.  Part of me wants it to end soon, it's so painful.  The other half needs this--this outlet, this catharsis, this flow of thoughts and ideas.  A deluge that, when flowing in the right way, feels perfect.  


I've noticed a few themes, too:  old women, folk tales, devil-demons, magic, and dystopic futures.

There are writers who write crime fiction, horror, and romance.  That's their love and shtick.

Maybe I should get used to it.  Having an ingrained passion for fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!