Wednesday, July 13, 2011

San Diego Comic-Con (or BUST???)

It's officially going to happen in 7 days.  My mom and I will be driving down from Northern California to get to San Diego on the Tuesday prior.  And I'm not sure, really, what to feel.  

I'm going not only as an attendee, but as a published
 comic writer.  Wednesday is when "Elephantmen" #33 is released in stores; "Devil" in the back pages waiting to be read or glossed over.

In 2010, the Wednesday "Preview Night" barely registered for me.  I walked a mile from the Waterfront Holiday Inn to the convention center; had nothing to eat and was stricken with a nasty bout of hypoglycemia; I hadn't slept well the night before either (I think I was packing).  I received my exhibitor's badge and SDCC goodies, found my editor's booth, said "Hello" and "Goodbye."  And found some food, of course.

This time, I certainly won't be milling over Wednesday, July 20th.  I really hope to remember the date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!