Friday, July 1, 2011

Working


Writing is tough.  I don't have to say much in that subject.  But it's what I do.  While listening to "Toddlers & Tiaras" (something my mom likes to watch, and pretend to be surprised as to the type of children being bred into the world, when I just find it—annoying).  I write standing up or lying down.  I write sitting close Lotus style with bad posture, hunched over my laptop like a Gollum for hours.  I don't recommend it.  The bad posture, that is.


Currently, my schedule has been rather pissy, deciphering my brain, chugging out minor details of a potential story, the characters, and why... or coming to nothing at all.  Nothing but frustrations and disappointment.  Confusion even.  Staring into a florescent screen while the dog tries to lick my skanky toes.  While triggering a near-blown freak out because I have a mouth-on-foot phobia.  I work 4 to 6 hours a day and feel lazy; if it's 6 to 8, I'm doing OK; 8 to 10, I could be doing more; and 10 to hereafter, I'm doing superb.

I recommend, nonetheless, writing to anyone who has the inclination and the guts.  No matter the imperfections or lack of grammar or chance of writer’s block.  Those can be remedied with fostering skill, and with a point of being persistent.


Meanwhile, curb self-criticism as much as possible.  Experiences are meant for learning from.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!